Monday, December 20, 2010

Dear Staff...

So to vent out my frustration about the staff I work with at one of my jobs, I've jotted down some of my pet peeves that if I had the power to confront them with , I would. ( I am a site facilitator, I oversee 4 staff members and an average of 125 kids daily at an after school program, and might I add we are restricted to using only the cafeteria on most day.s  you do the math....)




Dear #1,
Must I remind you, of the age group you oversee? Keep your dirty comments to yourself. Also, yes, I know.. child 1 is infested with lice, you've only mentioned it 50 times in the past week!  I've addressed it. Please don't repeat it in front of other children much less parents. please be more attentive, your kiddos tend to do as they please during homework time. I am also bothered by the fact that I've told you several times to make sure you can see ALL of your kiddos when playing outside at all times... please work on this. Clearly you can see why I stress this so.

oh 

Dear #2,
Reconsider ever working with kids. I know you didn't have any , and i also know that you didn't take this job seeking to be around children. To you this is just job number 3. Please reflect on the fact that the little ones you look after, are sweet kids. Most of them are great. What is it with the little boys? why are you so mean to them. I wish you could see yourself when you are talking to them, maybe you'd see what i see, ant that might change you. I also wish you'd understand that little Chubbs is going through a lot of issues.You would know if you got to know him a bit. HE is a bright boy who needs a lot of attention and will try anything to get it. You yelling at him the minute he walks in the door does nothing to help the situation. Please note that he has improved. Put your pride aside and admit that i am right, he is trying very hard to be a good boy.


Dear #3,

I don't like the fact that it seems like I look after your group and that I am doing everything you are supposed to be doing just because you say the kids don't listen to you. Grow some back bone! I loathe when you tadle-tale on kids you do it more than they do . . I'd really like to know how two boys can start a fight,while you are inches away from them. I also still don't know how you can go on denying that you offended a students grandmother by justifying an educators inappropriate behavior towards that student. Oh and you need to not hold grudges on these kids. One day they may love you, and the next they say they hate you, deal with it and don't take anything personal, oh one last thing... please don't interrupt me when I am speaking to a parent just to tell me you are leaving, or going to the restroom, or to ask me if I could blow the whistle so that the kids can settle down.


Dear #4,

I'd really like to tell you to watch what you say to these kids. There are different way to handle certain things that wont make half of your group cry (day of the dead). Also, try to eliminate words like stupid and mojado from your vocabulary. And please, please accept the fact that some boys don't mean anything when they just sit and choose not to participate in the discussions you hold in the group. This is not a reason to send them out of the room. be more physically active when watching the kids on the playground, and don't cut their playtime just because it is too hot or too cold for you. I'd also would like  a heads up when you are calling in. I know that you notify our superiors but sometimes they forget to let me know and since I run this site, id really appreciate it. You should understand how hectic it can be, especially because you used to run this site in the past.





Sincerely,

Miss Rodriguez.

No comments: