Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mujer de POCA fe...

So about three weeks ago, I started attending the Tues night spanish rosary that is held at my parish.

I walked in with a heavy heart. I was full of despair and didnt know what to do anymore about certain issues.

The one weighing the most was my current job. I hate it there. Especially after realizing that the one person i did befriend was leading a life that I didn't think I should be a part of. So I laid my prayers out there. I prayed the rosary with my heavy heart and by the end of it, I felt so good. I wasn't ready to leave and I wanted to stay there a bit longer to just be in God's presence. The couple in charge of this ministry decided to play music at the end.... most people stayed if not all. They all knelt and prayed and talked to God. I was reflecting on the Scripture that was read and HE truly spoke to me.

I wept. Yes, I cried like the baby that I am. But I cried because I knew that I had lost faith in Him. I cried because despite going to mass every Sunday, I still had lost faith in that he would make it all better.

I continued to show up to work and work the double shifts that they'd ask me too. Never complaining and just making the best of it. Every time I would feel offended or sometimes harassed by the people who work there. I would just take a deep breath and continue on with the duties of my job.

I saw a job opening at my campus and decided to apply. I thought this would be great for many reasons. but these are the most important ones...

1. its on campus... this would save me time and gas.
2. I would be an employee for the university I attend... TUITION gets reduced for staff members.. . need i say more?!

When I applied, again I put all my faith in God. When I didn't get a call for an interview... i was crushed...And instead of turning on Him and getting angry, I let it go and I knew that he had other plans for me. This job wasnt it.

I just got called yesterday for a position I hadn't even applied for. A former employer called me and said they had a supervisor position and had thought of me when recruiting. My schedule was off, but I managed to fix it around so that it may work for me and it has.

the best news is that i get to put in my two weeks notice at the job i currently loathe. I will no longer need to deal with people and their crazy lifestyles.

no more waiters hitting and me or thinking I am as 'easy' as anybody working there.
no more hearing waiters complain about the tips they get and cursing customers under their breath.


I am thrilled because this also means more time to just dedicate to my studies!

Wanna hear some more really great news!!???

My truck is ready ! I just need to purchase the state sticker (which i am doing today!).. and if my brother weren't out of town I think i would be driving it already.


Great things are happening!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

so happy things are coming together for you, tere!!

Beautifully Simple said...

thanks rebecca....its still a bumpy road ahead but its one i wouldnt trade for the world . thanks for just being there... you are a great friend and i dont think i say this to you enough!