Thursday, February 4, 2010

the things Ive learned while in school

First off, when I read this before posting it, I felt it made me sound like I was complaining or looking for people to feel sorry for me. If you happen to think this way, I beg of you, please don't. My blog is used to vent, and express things I can't otherwise do without breaking down or just things that are best left for cyber space to sort through.(lol) The blog in no way is a means of getting attention, nor will it ever. I enjoy writing because it is the way I can express myself. I'm sure that it doesn't seem that way because why else would I have a public blog where anyone can read what I write. Not that I need to justify my actions, but the reason for this is because i feel people need to understand where I come from, especially those who know me. giving my reasons some value as opposed to just dismmissing them. There are times where I say something, or do something that others don't understand, and sometimes never will, at that moment I hesitate and I try to explain why I say and do certain things, but all i get is a debate. I don't want to be criticized for what I say and do, but I almost always walk away feeling alone, and misunderstood. Sometimes even those who are closest to me are the people I feel the farthest from. so with that said.. im done... enjoy my rantings. :D



Thing Learned #1 : the english language has 35 phonemes, and spanish has only 22. Phonemes are (too complicated to discuss but heres the short version) basically sounds created by the mouth, lips, and position of the tongue. This might serve as an explanation to why a spanish speaker has trouble when speaking and learning english pronounciation, they are having to make sounds they have never used, EVER.


ok so im not going to sit here and type all the knowledge ive gained being in school.. haha.. that would be a very long blog. This list consist of little things that perhaps only pertain to me...


DID YOU KNOW.....

#1 : if you cut open a toothpaste tube
after you have squeezed every bit of it out, there is enough toothpaste to last you 3 more days?!

#2 : Kix Cereal does have a hint of sugar, and can be very addicting without the milk. Dry cereal is by far the best breakfast i have had in months. lol

#3: Jeans last longer if you turn them inside out before you put them in the washer.

#4: pb & j sandwiches will never be overrated. strawberry jelly might be but not the sandwich.

#5: walking home at midnight is a big no no! especially around these woods.

#6: no need for rainboots. Just put plastic bags on after your socks and youll be set.. you might still feel the cold but youre feet will thank you for keeping them dry...just dont forget to take them off once youre done walking through puddles.. the plastic in your shoes makes a funny noise.

#7: sprint doesnt cut off service from your phone til 15 days after your payment was due :D.

#8: taking free pens and pencils from booths at events can lead to you not having to buy pens or pencils for a really long time!! so next time take the pen, pencil and never, NEVER pass up HIGHLIGHTERS!!

#9 prayer cards serve as wonderful bookmarks. so what if people start asking/assuming that your major is theology.. lol.

#10: ALWAYS ALWAYS one must check what day of the week it is before rushing out the door. (see facebook status for Jan 31 for explanation..lol)

#11: childhood friends, if not kept in touch with over the years, are NOT THE SAME person! especially if you had a crush on one in the 3rd grade...

#12: realize that dreams are good for catching you, but are also even better at never letting go. ("a dream is still a dream even if you stop believing in it)

#13: 16hrs isnt a lot... not when you make each class a priority.

#14: friends, no matter how close they are will let you down, and will not always understand where youre coming from.

#15: jansport makes great backpacks... although i feel like mine is about to retire :(.. is just a tear away.. but its been a long bumpy ride.

#16: when youre money is going into tuition and books, everything else isnt as important.. in fact NOTHING IS as important.

#17: dont ever look for a person who has the same dedication for something, anything(in my case school) as you do because you wont find any..




lol... so its not the end but for this post it is..




No comments: