Saturday, September 5, 2009

blog 1 : overdue

so during my annual trip to Bledos.. i came across a few things and i happend to jot them down. so here they are..
While in San Luis, Potosi, I saw 3 people in random places, with neck braces... the first one, didnt really care, then i saw another one.. and reminded me that i had seen someone already with a neck brace. By the time i saw the third person i was like, what is going on? didnt realize how popular those things were.

I also was stranded for a several hours where i had no way of contacting anyone, nor they me. I arrived at SLP terminal around 10:45pm.. my plan was to stay at the bus station because the second bus that i was to take was pointless seeing as no one would be around to get me in Villa de Reyes, to take me to bledos.. but no.. my mother calls me and orders me to get on the last bus for that day which left at 11pm. so i do as im told. thisi is where my phone dies and i no longer recieve service
when i got to Villa de Reyes, a little past midnight.. no one was there to pick me up like my mother had said.. i had no way of calling my mom to let her know hwere i was at and i knew no one in that town.

Luckily this woman was there with her daughter and son and i politely asked them if they could point me in the direction of a hotel, they must have felt sorry for me cus they ended up driving me around the town looking for a hotel. Turns out that almost all of them were booked. We eventually found one on the outskirts of the town.

I couldnt help but realize how the different places where. I a few days before arriving and cheking into this hotel, i was at the Palmer HOuse Hilton, where important people pay and the cost of one night was $200. This place, i went to what would be considered the check in desk, the older man handed me a small bar of soap, a scratchy towel and asked me to write my name on a jounal. I did so and paid him $20 for the room. yes a twenty vs two hundred. at first i didnt realize it but man.. was this different than the palmer. lol. the bed was so hard i might as well be sleeping on the floor. In the shower, no hot water, and the TV was static, and nothing more.

I woke up very early and decided to make my way back to the bus terminal and wait til i got picked upl. Well my ollder brother who resides in bledos was already waiting for me. I got yelled it by him and other people for not contacting them, what was i to do? i had no signal and it was late. people were surprised i knew what to do.. its like common sense.! lol..

Anywho, no matter how hard i try, my visits always make me get ill. I dont drink the water, hardly ever eat the meat, dont get me wrong, i love all this stuff in fact i get a little sad cus i know that im restricted, i sure as hell dont need to spend and panic about being in the toilet all day long! lol..

oh well no matter how hard im not gonna do that when i go again, its rude and people dont know what sarcasm is.


next overduew blog will go up tomorrow. i need to go to bed.. im slowly drifting away. sorry if it makes no sense.

No comments: