Thursday, March 16, 2017

Wednesday.. Hong Kong Story

So it's Wednesday March 15, 2017...

I had plans to go and explore some more today.... Found an apartment near by and wanted to check it out.. I was really so glad Mario sent me a message saying we were having lunch with his supervisor..

I was so glad because I was really fearing having to get on the Metro on my own.. Phew! that was close..

I ended going to see an apartment... I got to the doorman and he shooed me away.. lol!

I found the building the apartment number was 44
Door man was on second floor.. when I asked to see apartment  he said "I no understand.. no English" and waved me off..lol
I need to make an appointment before I just show up wanting to see an empty apartment.. Well, it was baby steps.. I wanted to see if I could figure out where to go for a specific address. I did! I walked back to the area of our hotel/ Mario's HK office and sat at a Starbucks and waited for Mario.

We went to Outback Steakhouse. Mario says that its the place they all like to go to. I was so glad it was only Mario's supervisor.  He had a lot of insightful things to say about the culture.

I wish people would stop asking me if I have any questions about the idea of living here. I mean of course I have tons of questions but none worthy of asking at those times.... The H's (family who just left HK assignment) also wanted me to ask them questions the other night when we met for dinner.

The questions I had then are simply and silly... things like.. What kind of cleaning supplies are there...will I find fabuloso? How does the dual washer dryer work??? Where can I get some jalapeƱos? Cheese? tacos?

jaja.. no seriously.. I feel like the questions I do have, I'll figure out with time.. If I ask these questions, people will laugh.. and I am going to appear ignorant or apathetic.

After lunch I decided to walk to the Museum which is like a 15 minute walk. These are some of the sights I captured on my walk there...
In awe of how close these buildings are built! 


You would think that there aren't any green areas between all these buildings  and asphalt streets... but there is plenty..

Museum entrance.. - There was a TOY exhibit 
Lanscape is gorgeous! 
One of my favorite was their depiction and explanation on a wedding ceremony... reminded me of my church wedding. Found common ground..

Here are some pics of that visit ..






Fishermen preserving fish with salt.








Being carried to groom's house.. by her Mother in law I think.. 


The bride is sitting on bench.. 





Really nice colors right?? Wednesdays most of the museum exhibits are free.. It was pretty hectic.. I did end up paying for the voice over translations.. which I hardly used.. most of the exhibits had captions written in English. 

Any who by the time you read this it will be your BDAY! I hope you enjoy it and have a great one! 


Take care! Say hi to you hubby for us.. and give your beautiful angel a big ol kiss from me! 

No comments: