Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Truth be told...

So here is another post.

I want to call you and tell you all that I am seeing and experiencing but you are asleep and texting you this would result in a horrifically long text message..

Thank you for your sweet words.. that is why you are my best friend and will always be. I have to tell you though that this trip wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Mario's Company paying for just about everything.

Mario and I have always talked about traveling and exploring new places. Even early on in our relationship, as two broke college students, we quickly found out how well we can manage trips. This, however is beyond our wildest dream. That is why I feel like I need to give credit where credit is due. I am sure my posts on social media are leading people, Some, people to believe that we have tons of money, or that we are extremely well off. Though we aren't struggling financially, and live rather comfortably, I know that we would never spend this much money on a trip like this.(Even if we did have all this money, we still wouldn't spend it on us like this.. we would probably still find a way to travel cheaply.. staying at hostels but never this nice! ) I am so grateful for this opportunity and for all the things that have led us here. Mario says this trip is special because I am the focus.. and I wish they hadn't spent all this money on making sure I would like it.. I already do!


I know I will miss my family, my nieces and nephews, milestones, holidays and dropping by your house whenever.... those are the things I don't want to think about because they are important to me but in reading "The Alchemist" I realize that we have been given an opportunity that we would be foolish not to take on.

You know me, I brought books to read... 
Two Mexican kids, from humble beginnings, in a whole new world...Everything in this world is attainable... I am so grateful I gave into this "thing" with Mario despite my reservations at the beginning. I pray so much for him, for us, and for everyone who has a significant other to find what I have found in our relationship. We aren't perfect.. and you of all people know how hard it has been because I have wept, laughed, and shown every level of frustration with you in regards to my marriage. You also know about all the joys and I have experienced too! Though my prayers remain in that we continue to grow together stronger as a couple, they too have also evolved into something greater; making sure we stay humble and show the outmost gratitude for all of our blessings.

I know that for those who aren't religious (this includes Mario too - Praying about that) will say that its hard work that makes things like this happen to people like us. Though yes its true... I know that blessings from up above are sent down because of prayers, service for others, and showing honor to the one who created everything, God.

Lastly, I just want to say Thanks for cheering us on.. thanks for being in my life.. Thanks for the endless favors you have done for us when we aren't home... I love you Chortie! (thats the way my mom pronounces your nickname by the way...lol ...) I am so sad I'm going to miss your bday but I promise to make it up to you!


Want to know something funny?  We had been so excited for this trip that we both forgot our anniversary.. I was so swamped with making sure my sub plans were in order and packing that it completely slipped my mind.... Also because I like to go by our Church wedding date... (the one that really matters to me..)

Please enjoy these pictures... 


Garden on the rooftop of our hotel.

The pool is gorgeous..

Hotel dining area.. 



We met up for lunch and had some more Dim sum 


This captures the shops on first and second floor.. the rest of the buildings are apartments.


This was Victoria Park on the Island.. When we got there they were closing but loved the flowers.. Maybe I will swing by again .. 



Blurry because there was a huge double decker bus approaching... just liked that way this building look at this intersection 



No comments: